The Geolocation item allows you to locate yourself or your users by recording your geographical position.
You manage a security company and want to ensure the reliability of your agents. Inserting a Geolocation field in your form will allow you to check their real location at the time they make the entry.
In the back-office.
Create your form and add a Geolocation element.
Several options are available:
– Entry required: this means that the form can only be saved once this field is filled in.
– Editable position: to get accurate coordinates.
– Automatic geolocation when opening a form
You can select the map view type:
– Normal view (the default roadmap view).
– Satellite view (Google earth satellite image).
– Hybrid view (a mixture of normal and satellite view).
You can choose the zoom level. To have an idea: 1 displays the word map and 18 displays the corresponding street. 12 displays more or less the neighborhood.
Don’t forget to save your form!
On your mobile.
When you open your Geolocation field, the window below will appear.
Note: To change its position, click once on the pin.
On your custom-made Word pr Excel.
You can display a map view on your custom-made Word or Excel with this tag: ##geoloc:map-z12-200x200-satellite##.
« -200x200 » corresponds to the dimension of the image.
« z12 » corresponds to zoom in/out on the word map. To have an idea: 1 displays the word map and 18 displays the corresponding street. 12 displays more or less the neighbourhood
The following map types are available:
– roadmap (the default road map view),
– satellite (Google earth satellite images),
– hybrid (a mixture of normal and satellite views),
– terrain (displays a physical map based on terrain information).
Do not hesitate to comment on this article! All your questions, comments and suggestions are most welcome!